Monday, December 3, 2012

My Sister and I stamped today and a card

Today was a fun day. Some of you have heard me talk about my family, I have 7 brothers and 1 sister. Well, today I spent the day stamping Christmas Cards with my sister(Marie). She lives about an hour away or maybe even just over an hour and she came to my house to stamp with me today. We dont get alot of time to spend together, so we did this last year and again today.
 I thought I'd share this with you today. We made 24 cards each, and had fun, we worked together and finished all we wanted to do. I'd show you the cards but they are the same ones that Scotty and Kylie(my grandkids) made with me on Thanksgiving day and I already posted those.
So, here is the photo of my sister. She is 8 years older than me and I have a story to share with you that she shared with me..... the day I was born she was waiting by the phone to hear that she had a baby sister. Back then, they didnt tell you what you were having. So, because my sister already had 4 brothers, she wanted a baby sister. She tells me that she waited very patiently and was hoping that the news would come before she had to get on the bus to go to school. Also back then, no one could go in with you when you had babies, otherwise she probably would have been there.

Anyway, Here is the photo of my sister.....
Of course I caught her looking down counting. LOL

There is no better friend then a sister. I LOVE YOU SIS.
Thanks for coming to spend the day with me.
Hugs




Next I would like to share a photo of a card that I made, I made this card for a swap at my uplines meeting awhile back and thought I'd share it with you today. I got the idea from here...
http://www.kraftingkreations.com/2011/12/luminary-easel-card-and-tutorial.html
This card was made by Amanda Corbet and a video is on her blog for viewing to make your creating a little easier.




 
The first one was with the light on so there is a shadow and you can't really see the effects of the candle inside. So then I took another photo of it with the lights out and you can see the yellow glow of the flashing candle inside the card. See  below for the second photo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that was a nice moment sis xoxoxox she is deep concentration