Monday, October 19, 2009

The reason for my absence is justifiable......

Hello everyone, I know I was going to post a blog candy but so much has happened. I apologize for not doing that sooner. I am hoping to get things back to normal this week and post that as promised. I am very sad to say that I have been very busy with the loss of my Dear Mother. Mom and I were very close as she was with our whole family. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with.
MOM had a major stroke on Friday October 9th. I was on my way to a party when I got the call. I turned around and went back to get Slim and he drove me to the St Albans Hospital where she was in serious condition. The stroke took out her left side this time, This was her second stroke (The first one was her right side 3 years ago). She was not able to speak this time and I was extremely scared, I started to run away from her bed, crying when the nurse stopped me, Mom wanted me, I went back to her side, I said, I love you my mommy(this was something I always said to her and she returned with I love you my baby and my daughter and I do the same thing), after I said that, she couldnt say it all but she did get the words I love you out. Then my sister and her exchanged I love you's too. Those were pretty much the last words she said. My sister and I are the only 2 girls out of 9 kids. For us these I LOVE YOU'S were special.
Because she lost her speech and swallowing abilities she did not want to be intubated and had an advanced directive saying so, therefore there was nothing more for anyone to do. Her heart was racing and her breathing was uncontrolled.
She passed away on October 14th...
Anyway, I felt I should come on finally and explain just in case some of you readers didnt hear through the grapevine or by my emails. Mom is Resting In Peace now and is fulfilling her final dream now of doing her final destiny of being one of Gods Angels. Mom loved angels and I'm absolutely sure that she is up there amongst all the other angels and will be accepted with open arms. Mom was loved by all that knew her. She had a filled room for her last week in the hospital and at the wake and funeral. Not too many dry eyes in the house. Below I am attaching a photo of me, my Son Scott, daughter Kayla and my mom, Also One of my mom and dad together. Mom still had her natural color hair at age 78, she had bits of gray but not much. Thanks for all your patience and God be with all of you and your families. I LOVE MY MOMMY.........
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Betty,
I'm sorry I couldn't be there for the funeral or the wake. The loss of your mother will take time to heal your broken heart, but like I've told you before when you fall asleep at night feel her warmth wrapped around you. She is here, she's just watching over you now. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I love you and your Dad like family.
Love,
Kealey